We are looking for a Head of Software Development to guide the combined embedded, mobile, backend and web teams and join a growing team of forward- thinking software professionals who help us bring the best experience to thousands of customers and hundreds of thousand end users!
The role includes working closely with stakeholders across the organization. We are encouraging you to bring concepts, knowledge, and valuable experience from past employment.
As the head of software development, you will oversee development efforts and architectural designs, guide project vision, be the chief coordinator for development projects, and hire and develop engineering talent. In this role, you will manage a team to design, develop, test, and deploy scalable services in line with constantly growing number of connections to our platform. You will work closely with product owners, CTO,
CEO, and leadership across the company to develop a roadmap and feature set to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Define, manage, and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with the respective software development teams;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met;
- Coach and mentor our talented engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done, while enabling them to be future leaders who are focused on building a high growth culture;
- Architect and develop the innovative technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind;
- Own team’s operational excellence, including creation of and monitoring of metrics and triggers to drive a continuous improvement process.
- 5+ years of experience working directly within engineering and product management teams;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing engineers and/or product teams;
- 2+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- Experience managing, motivating and retaining high-performance engineering teams;